'I never suspected anything': 'Blindsided and embarrassed' Elin Nordegren speaks for the first time about split from Tiger Woods

By Sarah Bull and Paul Thompson

Stepping out: Elin Nordegren has spoken for the first time about her split from Tiger Woods


Elin Nordegren has spoke for the first time since her split from Tiger Woods, and says she had no idea about her the golfer's multiple affairs

Speaking to People magazine, Swedish model Erin, 30, said she felt 'blindsided' and 'embarrassed' when she found out about Woods' infidelities.

She said: 'I never suspected, not a one. For the last three-and-a-half years, when all this was going on, I was home a lot more with pregnancies, then the children and my school.'

Elin added that she and Woods tried to work through their marital problems, but in the end they had to agree to split.

She said: 'I felt stupid as more things were revealed - how could I not have known anything? The word "betrayal" isn't strong enough.


First time: Elin said the interview would be her first and last


'I felt embarrassed for having been so deceived. I felt betrayed by many people around me.

'Initially, I thought we had a chance, and we tried really hard.'

In what she described as her first and last interview, Elin, whose divorce from Woods was finalised yesterday, also said she has started to come to terms with her situation.

She said: 'I have been through the stages of disbelief and shock, to anger and ultimately grief over the loss of the family I so badly wanted for my children.

'I also feel stronger than I ever have. I have confidence in my beliefs, my decisions and myself.'

Elin, who has two children, Sam, three, and 19-month-old Charlie with Tiger, is currently studying for a degree in psychology, but says her education isn't as important as ensuring her family is propery 'healed.'

Asked about her plans for the future, Elin explained: 'My immediate plan is for the kids and me to continue to adjust to our new situation.

'I am going to keep taking classes, but my main focus is to try to give myself time to heal.'

However, Elin said felt 'privileged' to have witnessed Woods' golfing career, adding: '

I wish him all the best in the future, as a person and as an athlete.

'I know he is going to go down as the best golfer that ever lived, and rightfully so. I feel privileged to have witnessed a part of his golfing career.'


Happier times: Tiger and Elin before details of his affairs began emerging


Elin and Woods' divorce was finalised yesterday at Bay County Circuit Court in Panama City, Florida, with the marriage described during the ten-minute hearing as 'irretrievably broken'.

In order for the divorce to proceed, they had to complete a four-hour parenting course - as required by state law where there are children involved.

According to court documents, Woods took part in the 'Parent Education And Family Stabilization' course on July 10 - just before flying out to the British Open at St Andrews.

Meanwhile, Elin completed her course on August 16.

However, if 34-year-old Woods thought any kind of line would be drawn under his affairs, he was mistaken - as a succession of his mistresses emerged from the woodwork yesterday to speak out.


'Paramount importance': Tiger and Elin, seen here in a family portrait shortly after the birth of Charlie, said their main priority is the wellbeing of their children


Between 11 and 19 women are said to have come forward claiming to have had an affair with the golfer, referred to on court documents by his real name Eldrick Tont Woods.

The first woman to be outed, Rachel Uchitel, said she was desperate to win him back while another said Woods 'deserved to be hated'.

Friends said that Miss Nordegren, 30, who was reportedly paid £64million in the divorce, was determined to remain on civil terms with her ex-husband for the sake of their children.

Although the terms of child support were not revealed in court documents, it is understood the couple will share custody.


Infidelity: Between 11 and 19 women have come forward claiming to have had affairs with the golfer, seen here earlier this month


The divorce punctuated nine months of embarrassing details about Woods' sordid sex life.

A bizarre car crash outside his Florida home last November triggered revelations about his tawdry exploits with a series of waitresses, adult film stars and party girls.

Miss Uchitel, 35, who was reportedly paid £6million to prevent her talking about the affair, said on Woods's first day as a single man yesterday: 'I'd give up everything to be with him again.

'I feel horrible for him. He loved her. But he was in love with me. I hope he remembers what was real, and reaches out to me.'

The ongoing drama in Woods' personal life is also taking its toll on the golf course with a series of poor performances.


Claims: Rachel Uchitel (left) and Jaimee Grubbs claim to have had affairs with Woods


He missed the cut in several tournaments and did not finish higher than fourth in any major event this year.

In a joint statement about the divorce, Elin and Woods said: 'We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future.

'While we are no longer married, we are the parents of two wonderful children and their happiness has been, and will always be, of paramount importance to both of us.

'Once we came to the decision that our marriage was at an end, the primary focus of our amicable discussions has been to ensure their future well-being.'


source: dailymail
bloggpingMy Ping in TotalPing.com

Popular Posts