You will have to carry me out! Sir Alex Ferguson has no plans to retire from Manchester United

By Ian Ladyman

Staying power: Sir Alex Ferguson at Carrington on Friday morning


Sir Alex Ferguson has sought to quash speculation over when he will retire by warning his Barclays Premier League rivals he will be in charge at Manchester United for years to come.

Ferguson's team face rejuvenated Tottenham at Old Trafford on Saturday lunchtime knowing a win will take them back above rivals Chelsea, who face Stoke at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, and the United manager said both he and his players are ready to rise to the challenge.

Ferguson said: 'I have no intention of retiring. The only thing that determines my staying here is my health. Unfortunately for everyone, I'm in rude health. You'll be gone before I am.


On a roll: Manchester United are chasing a fourth title in a row


'I don't think the pressure keeps me healthy. I don't think it's good for you. It's there. I have to accept there's pressure in life. But I can deal with it. I can deal with it fine.'

United's title bid seemed dead as last weekend's Manchester derby limped towards a goalless draw. But an injury-time header from Paul Scholes gave United a win and now the pressure is back on Chelsea after their defeat at Spurs.

Ferguson added: 'There has been a lift in the camp this week. Chelsea have a lot of experienced players but pressure does come at this time of year. I just hope we will respond positively. 'We have in the past and I hope that we will again.'


source: dailymail
bloggpingMy Ping in TotalPing.com

Popular Posts