Wayne Rooney spotted in Real Madrid shirt! But don't worry, Manchester United, as move for ace looks a no-go despite Spanish mischief-makers

By Sportsmail Reporter

Transfer kitty: The Spanish press insist that Wayne Rooney is ready to swap the white of the Manchester United third strip for that of Real Madrid this summer


Mischievous reports in Spain claim Wayne Rooney this week recorded a TV ad wearing a Real Madrid shirt in case of a summer move to La Liga.

Never mind that Rooney says he's happy at Old Trafford, that Sir Alex Ferguson insists his star striker is not for sale and that even Cristiano Ronaldo doubts his pal will move to the Bernabeu.

Nonetheless, Catalan newspaper Sport - usually more prone to unsettling Madrid stars rather than doing their PR work - say Rooney's representatives have left the door open on a move.

The story goes that injured Rooney was in Barcelona on Monday to film a commercial for a video game. After shooting a version in a Manchester United strip, he then donned a Madrid top on the suggestion of his advisers to film a back-up version.

It is claimed Karim Benzema did the same a year ago when he was still at Lyon because calling together world stars for the advert is not something that can be easily re-arranged.

Madrid president Florentino Perez is a huge admirer of the England talisman and wants to sign one of Rooney, Valencia's David Villa or Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero this summer.


Pleasure and pain: Rooney has been voted PFA Players' Player of the Year after his heroics for United this season, but has suffered with injuries in recent weeks


Aguero, himself courted by United and Chelsea in the past, has opened the door to the unthinkable of quitting Atletico for their city rivals.

The Argentina striker, who has a £52million buyout clause at a club needing to cash in, explained: 'I've said many times that going to Real Madrid would be like betraying the club and the fans who have treated me very well since I arrived.


Loving life: Cristiano Ronaldo swapped Old Trafford for the Berbabeu last year, and wants his friend and former team-mate Rooney to join him in Madrid


'But, in June, if the club needs the money and we all agree, then Real remain an option. There are three teams (interested), but now I want to concentrate on the end of the season.' Atletico insiders, though, would rather sell Aguero to anyone but their rivals.

Ronaldo, who made an £80million world-record move from United to Madrid last summer, would like to team up again with Rooney, but he's not confident a deal will be done.



Atletico alternative: Real are also eyeing Argentine star Sergio Aguero (centre)


'He is happy in England,' said the Portugal star. 'I am a good friend of his and I don't know if he will come.

'For several years I wanted to play in Madrid. I'd won everything in Manchester and wanted a change, but I don't see myself in Madrid when I'm 40.

'I am convinced that Real Madrid and I share the same personality. After losing a match, I arrive at home and sometimes do not speak to anyone - not my mother, not my family. They know me and understand this reaction. I have even cried a lot after losing some matches.'


source: dailymail
bloggpingMy Ping in TotalPing.com

Popular Posts