Joe Cole: I left Chelsea to sign for Liverpool because they are the biggest club in England

By Sportsmail Reporter

Red alert: Liverpool new boy Joe Cole said he left Chelsea to sign for the biggest club in England


Joe Cole has revealed he signed for Liverpool because they are the 'biggest club in England'.

The England midfielder officially signed his four-year deal - worth £80,000 a week - after leaving Chelsea this summer.

And he has spoken for the first time about his reasons for joining Liverpool - and snubbing a move to Arsenal and Spurs.

The new Liverpool No 10 said: 'I could have stayed at Chelsea because the fans loved me and I won things, but I wanted to challenge myself and when I knew Liverpool were interested it was a no-brainer because they are the biggest club in the country.

'I set myself a deadline to make a decision and when I made it I sent a text to Christian Purslow and Steven Gerrard and then turned my phone off.

I know I have made the right decision and I am looking forward to the challenge. This is a challenge for me. I have played in London all my life.'


source: dailymail
bloggpingMy Ping in TotalPing.com

Popular Posts